Committed to Canadians
“Takeda Responsibility” is Takeda Canada’s corporate social responsibility program, and it represents the importance we place on our responsibility to our partners, communities and employees. We emphasize our commitment to Canadians through our financial and product donations, and our involvement in community projects.
Takeda Responsibility has a natural connection with organizations whose work improves people's lives through progress in medicine and health care. As we continue to grow and innovate, our connection to the community is increasingly important to our partners. We strongly believe in finding meaningful ways to help patients through our core business and proudly support the communities where we live and work.
Takeda Responsibility supports initiatives in the following key areas:
1. Connecting with our Community
Takeda Responsibility supports local activities that address the needs of the community where we work:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada
- McMaster Art Program
- Big Brothers and Sisters of Canada
- Halton Women’s Place
2. Health Charities Support
Support is provided to patient groups and registered charities whose work focuses in the following disease areas
3. Health and Science Education
Takeda Responsibility provides funding to initiatives that engage people in health and science education. Past support has included:
- Let’s Talk Science
- Takeda Family Medicine Scholarships
4. Community Vitality
Takeda Responsibility supports organizations and events that promote health, well-being and quality of life such as:
- The Canadian Red Cross - Providing monetary support for domestic and international disaster relief.
- Canadian Blood Services - Coordinating regular employee blood drives.
5. Medical Education
Takeda Responsibility supports medical and scientific education in Canada by providing grants for educational or scientific advancement that align with company guidelines and the Code of Ethical Conduct of Innovative Medicines Canada. For example, Takeda provides:
- Healthcare professional sponsorships to attend a scientific conference or congress
- Support for associations or institutions conducting educational events
To submit an application for grants, sponsorships or charitable donations, please follow our online process.
Click to submit an application